The moment that we were waiting for finally arrived…. EPICURE MALAYSIA 2008!
Epicure Malaysia 2008 is a lifestyle fair, emphasizing appreciation of finer things in life. The event activities comprise of a trade fair and workshops, and yes! It includes food product tasting too! 😀
What is Epicure?
Epicure Malaysia is a celebration of the finer things in life, now in its fifth year the event has grown to become Malaysia’s leading premium lifestyle fair.
Admission is free, so all are invited to come along to the Sime Darby Convention Centre, Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur, and take advantage of the many great deals on a variety of gourmet food, household items and premium lifestyle products from around the world.
For more details, please visit Epicure Malaysia 2008
The 3 day event was officially launched on October 10, 2008 (Friday) by DYMM Tunku Puan Muda Negeri Sembilan, Tunku Nurul Hayati binti Tunku Bahador and hosted by the organizing chairman YBhg Dato’ Steve Day in the presence of dignitaries, Committee members of Malaysia International Gourmet Festival exhibitors, press members and fair visitors.
The launch began with a short cooking class conducted by Her Majesty Royal Highness.
This was then followed by the opening ceremony.
The trade fair comprise of 100 over exhibitors around the world and displayed a great deals on a variety of gourmet food, household items and premium lifestyle products. We enjoyed savoring FREE samples of fine wines, spirits, cheeses, gourmet chocolates, an abundance of other mouth watering delicacies and best of all special discounts for certain product brands.
An eye-opener to Malaysians as you get to see many international brands of:
– Premium beers
– Italian Pastas
– European Chocolates
– Fine Wines from New Zealand, Italy, France, Spain & South America
– Gourmet coffees
– Vodkas, Cognac, Rum, Whiskeys & a variety of spirit
– Cuban & Filipino Cigars
– Luxury Properties
– Golf Equipment & Tuition
– Health Supplements
– Wellness & Lifestyle Products
There are 72 innovative, fun and original workshops (24 each day) ranging topics from Master Chef cooking classes to personal security and development.
The idea was to inspire, educate and benefit everyone on the finer things in life. Each 90 minutes session is guided by leading industry experts who reveal invaluable insider tips and advice on how to improve our own daily lives and those around us.
As for us, we attended the various workshops that the workshops.
Here are some of the hot topics for the workshops ….
– Master Chef Cooking Classes by top international restaurant chefs on Italian cooking & wine pairing, continental cuisine, a taste of China, pastry delights, Chinese cuisine, traditional Indian cuisine, Asian cuisines, Malaysian gourmet, chocolates / pralines, etc.
– Wine, cigar, coffee, tea appreciations
– Wine & Dine – A healthy heart, tips on healthy eating and living
– Healing foods and Hormones & you, a comprehensive clinic on hormones balance to achieve optimum health and nutritional therapy on weight loss, dietary program and lifestyle modification.
– Etiquette & protocol on correct form of address for dignitaries, to proper seating arrangements and the roles of host and guest.
– Ultimate grooming, tips on improving self image, general grooming and fashion sense.
– Breast cancer awareness, an informative workshop for women covering breast cancer surgery & treatment and how women can restore their appearance, self image and confidence.
– Beauty enhancement on up-to-date modern techniques of beauty and facts & fiction on plastic surgery.
For more details, get them by downloading the programme schedule
Overall, the event is an eye opener to us. Not only did we enjoyed the FREE tasting of food, wine and many more delicacies from various International brands, but we were also greatly inspired by their fun packed and informative workshops.
I also enjoyed the various sessions conducted. I was torn between some sessions, like say the chinese food cooking session with the chef from The Hilton VS the pasta making session with the chef from Marco’s Pizza. Arrgghhh!
I believe lexiegirl enjoyed the sessions she attended too, especially the one about Ultimate Grooming as it gives great insight on better living.
Bogieman on the other hand, went for the coffee appreciation session. Some of the sessions are repeated across the 3 days so you could always plan out when to visit the convention.
With FREE admission, FREE parking and easy access from across Kuala Lumpur, Epicure Malaysia 2008 is a MUST to all Malaysians.
EPICURE MALAYSIA 2008
Date: October 10 (Fri) – 12 (Sun), 2008
Time: 10.00am – 6.00pm
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (Location Map)