New Dishes at T.G.I. FRIDAY’S invited Buurps.com for a food tasting session – 9 new dishes added to TGIF’s menu.
Our food tasting session was held at TGIF Menara Hap Seng outlet.
Above is the spread of food for our viewing pleasure. 🙂 Below is the Press Release.
TRY OUT T.G.I. FRIDAY’S® NEW DISHES FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN YOUR CHOICE OF A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE
KUALA LUMPUR – T.G.I. FRIDAY’S® is running a consumer contest in conjunction with the restaurant’s launch of nine new promotional dishes at all its outlets.
To introduce these new dishes, FRIDAY’S® is running a “Brand Spanking New You” lucky draw contest. To participate, all you have to do is to enjoy and rate any of the nine new promotional dishes on offer on the ratings card provided, and then rate your favorite lifestyle experiences from the choices given in the card. Among these experiences include a trip to Universal Studios in Singapore, sky diving and flying lessons, a complete makeover package, being a DJ or pop star for a day, an all expense paid shopping trip, and many more.
A winner will be picked every two weeks and FRIDAY’S® will make the experience that they have chosen come true. There will be a total of four winners over the contest period, and all winners will be announced on FRIDAY’S® website at www.fridays.com.my
This contest, which began on March 6, is part of T.G.I. FRIDAY’S® “Taste’s What’s Brand Spanking New” campaign welcoming the restaurant’s customers to enjoy and rate the nine new mouth-watering dishes on promotion. Based on customer’s feedback, some of the best loved dishes will be considered to be offered permanently as additions to T.G.I. FRIDAY’S® next menu.
The Nine New items are:
1. Osso Bucco
2. Championship BBQ Chicken
3. Caribbean Wings
4. California Club Sandwich
5. Cobb Salad
6. Garlic Spaghetti Vegetali
7. Bistro Shrimp & Asparagus Pasta
8. Grilled Snapper with tomato cucumber Vinaigrette
9. Chocolate Cinnamon Crisps
“At T.G.I. Friday’s®, we are constantly looking for new opportunities to expand our menu offerings to our customers,” said Andrew Reddy, Managing Director, Chaswood Resources. “Through this campaign, we are able to understand our customers better and offer them a greater, expanded menu which is based on what they like.”
The promotion is available the whole day at T.G.I Friday’s® fourteen restaurants located in the Klang Valley, Penang and Johor Bahru. T.G.I. Friday’s local operating hours are 11am to 11pm daily.
T.G.I Friday’s® is located at:-
1. Menara Hap Seng, Kuala Lumpur
2. Ground Floor, Subang Parade, Subang Jaya
3. Ground Floor, 1 Utama Shopping Centre, Bandar Utama
4. Western Courtyard, The Curve, Mutiara Damansara
5. Level 6, Pavilion Shopping Mall, Kuala Lumpur
6. First Floor, Sunway Pyramid, Bandar Sunway
7. Plaza Floor, Hartamas Shopping Centre, Sri Hartamas
8. Ground Floor, Queensbay Mall, Penang.
9. Level 2, Wisma JOTIC, Johor Bahru
10. Ground Floor, IOI Mall, Puchong
11. Ground Floor, Wangsa Walk Mall, Bandar Wangsa Maju
12. 1st Floor, The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City
13. The Hub, Alamanda Shopping Mall Putrajaya
14. Ground floor, Gurney Paragon Penang
Let’s go into the details of the dishes. Sorry, Press Release has no description of the dishes so I’ll just have to try my best to describe to you.
1. Osso Bucco – This is basically soft and succulent lamb served with gravy and mashed potato. My favorite dish for the day.
2. Championship BBQ Chicken – Tasty BBQ chicken, nicely marinated.
3. Caribbean Wings – I don’t know how to describe it, basically BBQed chicken wings with some ‘caribbean’ marination. Jack Sparrow not available.
4. California Club Sandwich – The picture says it all, a sandwich with good combination of meat and vegetables.
5. Cobb Salad – not quite my taste when it comes to salad but it’s a huge serving. Some may like it.
6. Garlic Spaghetti Vegetali – basically a spaghetti served with vegetables on it.
7. Bistro Shrimp & Asparagus Pasta – I don’t know why is this called pasta when the other is spaghetti, nevertheless this one tastes much better than the other.
8. Grilled Snapper with tomato cucumber Vinaigrette – As you can see, it’s fish and rice. Tastes pretty good.
9. Chocolate Cinnamon Crisps – Interesting dessert, though I wish the chocolate cover was thicker. 🙂