In most countries, the kitchen is the heart of a home and the acceptance of style & design varies according to the culture. Nowadays we see more Western elements creeping into our Asian kitchen.
A kitchen is a room or part of a room used for cooking and food preparation.
Source: Kitchen Wiki
Just a quick summary on what are available in the market. There are at least six basic types of kitchen layout.
(1) Single-file kitchen/one-way galley is a one wall kitchen layout and an ultimate space saver.
(2) Double-file kitchen/two-way galley has two rows of cabinets at opposite walls and the classical work kitchen.
(3) L-kitchen’s cabinets occupy two adjacent walls and corner space maximizer.
(4) U-kitchen/Horseshoe has cabinets along three walls, typically with the sink at the base of the “U”.
(5) G-kitchen/Peninsula has cabinets along three walls, like the U-kitchen, and also a partial fourth wall, often with a double basin sink at the corner of the G shape.
(6) Block kitchen/island is a cabinet in a free-standing “island” separated from the other cabinets.
Click here to know more on the basic kitchen layouts of the above.
Below are videos on how to find the right kitchen style for you and other guides on making the right decision before embarking the project.
Here is a “Play List” with a total of 8 video guides. Subscribe to them if you find their guides useful. Anyway the concept of the software introduced reminds me of the “The Sims” game, the official website.
It’s great to know the basic kitchen layouts that are available in the market.
We hope this article is a helpful guide to you. What do you think?