Driving to Resorts World Genting is a winding trip, with a destination having an altitude of 1,740 m (5,708 ft); fortunately it doesn’t take long before you reach Genting Highlands where Maxims, Genting Grand and Genting Club are located. The drive time takes about an hour and the journey covers approximately 35 km. The lush green view will awe you and the cooling temperature are plus points of the highlands. As participant of MIGF 2014, Resorts World Genting is offering an attractive package for Festival Diners to indulge in the finest culinary adventure.
What is MIGF?
The Malaysia International Gourmet Festival is a yearly celebration of the local fine dining landscape. Prepared only by the top chefs in the country, it’s an opportunity to experience the creativity works of the BEST through the recommended Festival Menus revolving around this year’s theme, ‘RED HOT CHEFS‘. It’s a month-long celebration from 1st to 31st October 2014 with 28 participating restaurants of different genre to experience.
MIGF 2014 Festival Menu
MIGF 2014 Festival Offers
Genting Grand Premier Room: Enjoy 50% discount on the accommodation for Festival Diners. With the room subjected to availability, diners must produce festival dining receipt as proof upon departure.
M-Spa & Fitness: Enjoys 20% discount for all body massage and facial treatments. Festival Diners must produce festival dining receipt as proof.
How to Enjoy the MIGF 2014 Festival Offers
– Guest(s) checks in at the hotel’s ‘Genting Grand Premier Room‘
– Enjoy the MIGF 2014 Festival Offers at the participating restaurants and the M-Spa & Fitness. Diners must produce festival dining receipt as proof.
– In celebration of MIGF 2014 ‘RED HOT CHEFS‘ theme, Genting is offering “Chilies, in honour of the tongue”, an offer outside MIGF 2014 where guests are entitled for 30% discount at selected restaurants as below. Festival Diners must produce festival dining receipt as proof.
a) Coffee Terrace Buffet: Mixed of Local, Chinese, Western, Japanese and Indian Cuisines – Lobby Floor Genting Grand
b) Genting Palace Restaurant: Chinese Cuisine – 2nd Floor Genting Grand (for selected 5 items)
c) Bubbles & Bites, Western Cuisine – Level 2 Maxims (for selected 2 items)
– These discounts are offset/rebate upon the departure of guest(s) during check-out.
The fresh air, cooling weather and the lush green view of the highlands are most welcome as we reached Genting Highlands. It’s one of the pleasant ways to break away from the hustle and bustle of city life. However be prepared to see the drastic transformation taking place at the natural landscape of the area as some parts of the Hotels’ vicinities are undergoing heavy construction which can be unsightly for the time being. The hotels’ front are surrounded with vehicles and concrete walls which makes the place cold and unwelcoming at the outset but the atmosphere is different when we stepped indoor.
The MIGF 2014 participating restaurants – Imperial Rama, The Olive and LTITUDE of Resorts World Genting offers patrons an array of unforgettable fine dining experience with their own genre and class. To sum up our dining experiences – Imperial Rama brings warmth to the soul, The Olive is playfully witty and LTITUDE, a niche artful plate.
Genting Grand Premier Room
The room is comfortably spacious, cozy in ambience and luxuriously equipped. You can actually get a good panoramic view of the nature’s landscape if you are lucky.
M-Spa & Fitness
It’s a luxuriously grand place to indulge in a menu of therapeutic treatments using premium quality products and ingredients.
Overall, the MIGF 2014 offers adventurous diners a wealth of exciting culinary experiences at Resorts World Genting.
Facts Sheet: Genting Highlands
Genting Highlands, otherwise known as Resorts World Genting, is a hill resort in Malaysia developed by Genting Group. The hill resort is at an average elevation of 1,740 metres (5,710 ft) within the Titiwangsa Mountains on the border between the states of Pahang and Selangor of Malaysia.
The temperature in Genting is generally in the 15-25°C range. On a clear day, there are stunning views down into the valley — but when it’s raining in Kuala Lumpur, Genting is swathed in rolling clouds and visibility drops to zero. Thanks to the walkway system within the Resorts World, you almost never need to venture outside, but hotel rooms are unheated and can get chilly at night: Read More
Resort World Reservations Centre
For rooms, shows, Theme Park & other resort facilities
Reservations: +603 2718 1118
Fax: +603 2718 1888
Related MIGF 2014 Articles
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – LTITUDE Restaurant, Bar & Lounge @ Genting Club, Genting Highlands
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – The Olive @ Genting Grand, Genting Highlands
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Imperial Rama @ Maxims, Genting Highlands
– Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014 – TasteMIGF @ Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, Petaling Jaya
– Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014 Media Launch
– A Quick Guide to Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014: “Red Hot Chefs!”