Experience fine dining at Chambers Bar & Grill, a unique grill room that specializes in serving innovative grilled aged meat cuts and fresh seafood in the menu. Merely steps away is the bar that offers a good selection of champagne, wine, hard liquor, cigars as well as trendy cocktails. As a venue that breathes elegance and sophistication, it sits adjacent to The Lounge near the main entrance of the Hilton KL.
Chambers Grill takes pride in its exclusive kitchen featuring the Himalayan salt cabinet and specialized grills – robatayaki, lava stone and charcoal to serve premium quality fares. The man overseeing the whole show is none other than Chef Kazi Hassan, an Australian chef and also the creator of the MIGF 2014 Festival Menu that brings the pinnacle of taste in a room to gratifies all your senses.
What is MIGF?Malaysia International Gourmet Festival is a yearly celebration of the local fine dining landscape. Prepared only by the top chefs in the country, it’s an opportunity to experience the creativity works of the BEST through the recommended Festival Menus revolving around this year’s theme, ‘RED HOT CHEFS‘. It’s a month-long celebration from 1st to 31st October 2014 with 28 participating restaurants of different genre to experience.
MIGF 2014 Menu of Chambers Bar & Grill
A taste borne of Australia’s pride, Chambers Grill‘s Festival Menu is a work of culinary arts of Chef Kazi Hassan that embodies of the essence of multiculturalism in Australia. The intention to bring the whole world into one plate has its roots from Chef Kazi Hassan‘s family and multicultural upbringing in Victoria-Australia.
The abundance of fresh quality produce and the love of food in the state of Victoria-Australia has awakened Chef Kazi Hassan lifelong passion for the culinary arts that led him to pursue in the modern Australian and French-based culinary certifications in Australia and followed by the apprenticeship training in the country. Building on a solid portfolio with at least fifteen years of working abroad in the food and beverage industry, he has proven his credibility with his association as Chef de cuisine to the internationally renowned French Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten‘s Market concept.
As the momentum of his career continues, he thrived to translate his lifelong passion into meaningful works of hands no matter where he resides. The MIGF 2014 will witness the translation through the concept his Festival Menu that placed great emphasis on quality ingredients from Australia’s produces, healthy cooking methods and even featuring the use of ‘superfoods‘ (such as quinoa and wild rice) and 100% organic ingredients in his menu.
Full Festival Menu and Prices
RM333++ per person with wine
RM258++ per person without wine
Light Festival Menu and Prices
RM273++ per person with wine*
RM198++ per person without wine*
(Light Menu includes dishes marked with asterisks,*)
Exclusive Hand-Picked Wine Selection
Tenimenti Conti Neri Prosecco di Prosecco Vino Spumante DOC, Italy
Balduzzi Reserva Chardonnay, Chile
Clarendelle Rouge Inspired by Haut-Brion, France
Charcoal Grilled Wagyu Beef, Quinoa Slaw and Spiced Orange Drizzle*
Chambers own Robatayaki Grilled Baby Snapper Fillet
Wild Rice and Herbal Shimeji*
Spring Lamb Cutlets cooked on layered Charcoal Flame
Dukkah Crust, Strawberry and Chickpea Couscous
Certified Angus Porterhouse Dry Aged in Himalayan Salt Cabinet and Grilled on Lava Stone with Ginger Shitake, Fava Bean and Soya Caramel Sauce
Ivory White Chocolate Emulsion, Pink Guava Sponge & Sour Plum Sorbet*
Dining the MIGF 2014 Festival Menu at Chambers Grill is an experience that will definitely satisfy the most discerning meat aficionados. Offering a spread of the finest specially grilled aging meats and fresh seafood, it exemplifies the rich and vibrant feast. There is full satisfaction in each bite into these juicy and tender morsel of the premium meat cuts while subtly deep at the background are the convergence of flavours of the world from the Japanese, Middle Eastern, North African, Himalayan to Moroccan. The experience is simply a taste of the world.
Chef Kazi Hassan spared no time in exciting the carnivore in us by having Charcoal Grilled Wagyu Beef with Quinoa Slaw and Spiced Orange Drizzle as starter, imagine succulent beef with a hint of tangy taste from the orange drizzle – what a way to begin!
With the starter completed, we were presented with 3 main dishes. The trio started off with Chambers own Robatayaki Grilled Baby Snapper Fillet, Wild Rice and Herbal Shimeji – a seafood dish that’s very earthy in sensation. This was followed by Spring Lamb Cutlets cooked on layered Charcoal Flame, Dukkah Crust, Strawberry and Chickpea Couscous – I love how it’s layered with the spices on one side and at the bottom there’s this layer of garlic, both add tremendous flavor to the lamb cutlet.
Lastly we had the Certified Angus Porterhouse Dry Aged in Himalayan Salt Cabinet and Grilled on Lava Stone with Ginger Shitake, Fava Bean and Soya Caramel Sauce – if your meat cravings does not end here, you could always come for a second round. 😀 A lovely choice of meat from the Chef to end the course.
Coming to an end, our dessert was Ivory White Chocolate Emulsion, Pink Guava Sponge & Sour Plum Sorbet. Take note of the pink guava sponge should you be having this MIGF menu, yes it’s that pink colored item on the plate – observe how this delicious, soft and sweet delight melts away as you savor it.
– Wine or champagne offers: Enjoy 20% discount on selected wines/champagne ordered.
– Beverage offers: Enjoy 20% discount on all mocktails and cocktail drinks.
– Block booking discount: Book more than 6 seats and enjoy 10% discount.
– Room night offers: Book our Big Weekend Package and receive RM200 F&B credit when you dine-in at participating outlets during the Festival. Valid 1-31 October 2014.
– Other promotions/incentives: Spend RM300 and above at Zeta Bar and receive complimentary Party Platter. Valid 1-30 November 2014.
– Christmas & year-end special privilege booking offers: 10% discount on Christmas/Year end booking. (Book by 15 November 2014).
– Spa or fitness centre offers: Spa treatment upgrade (complimentary 30min upgrade for any treatment purchased) Valid till 31 Dec 2014.
– Future visit promotions: Spend RM500 and above during the Festival and receive complimentary Weekend Hi-Tea for 2 persons at The Lounge.
Chambers Bar & Grill
Lobby Level of Hilton Kuala Lumpur, No. 3, Jalan Stesen Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Tel: +603 2264 2592/2596
Operating Hours: Monday to Sunday (12.00 noon – 11.00 pm)
Related MIGF 2014 Articles
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Signature By The Hill @ 1 First Avenue, Bandar Utama
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Minori Japanese Restaurant @ the Royale Chulan Damansara Hotel, e@curve
– Food Trip with MIGF 2014 @ Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Sagano @ Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Dynasty @ Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
– Food Trip with MIGF 2014 @ Resorts World Genting
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – LTITUDE Restaurant, Bar & Lounge @ Genting Club, Genting Highlands
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – The Olive @ Genting Grand, Genting Highlands
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Imperial Rama @ Maxims, Genting Highlands
– Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014 – TasteMIGF @ Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, Petaling Jaya
– Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014 Media Launch
– A Quick Guide to Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014: “Red Hot Chefs!”