A red dominated restaurant interior, decor of well chosen Chinese antiques and a grandeur Shanghai Tang styled setting, Chynna is a modern Cantonese restaurant with an open dim sum kitchen that serves delicate yet subtle modern Cantonese cuisine (pork free). Chynna is a veteran in terms of establishment and in the MIGF circuit. With the kitchen run by Chef Lam Hock Hin, the creation of his MIGF 2014 Festival Menu will surely celebrate the Chinese tradition with a modern tinge of elegance.
What is MIGF?Malaysia International Gourmet Festival is a yearly celebration of the local fine dining landscape. Prepared only by the top chefs in the country, it’s an opportunity to experience the creativity works of the BEST through the recommended Festival Menus revolving around this year’s theme, ‘RED HOT CHEFS‘. It’s a month-long celebration from 1st to 31st October 2014 with 28 participating restaurants of different genre to experience.
MIGF 2014 Menu of Chynna
Over a decade full in service for Chynna, Chef Lam Hock Hin has been in the food and beverage industry for almost 30 years and he has been undertaking the creation of the MIGF Festival Menu since 2005. With many years of working experiences, he knows his diners through-and-through and that’s why he is THE man most suited for the role of where he is right now.
The creation of his MIGF 2014 Festival Menu is not the ordinary Cantonese flavours, Festival Diners will be astonished as to how he skillfully blends a variety of cultural influences ranging from a twist of local Malay taste to Thai and even the West, but with the core emphasis is still Cantonese cuisine.
Full Festival Menu and Prices
RM263++ per person with wine
RM188++ per person without wine
Exclusive Hand Picked Wine Selection
Tenimenti Conti Neri Prosecco di Prosecco Vino Spumante DOC, Italy
Balduzzi Reserva Chardonnay, Chile
Balduzzi Reserva Carmenère, Chile
Mixed Salad with Seafood, Konnyaku Jelly, Green Pea Dressing
Slow-boiled Mackerel Soup with Ming Mu Scallops and Chestnuts
Steamed Omega Tiger Grouper with finely blended Carrot Sauce
Stewed Australian Short Ribs with Wincarnis Medicated Wine
Stir fried Pignolina Pasta, Sea Prawn with White Curry Sauce
Homemade Almond Mousse, Fried Sesame Ball, Sweet Chili Gravy
The experience in Chynna suprised us as their perfect blend of culinary art that awed us. The composition of ingredients and the cooking methods adopted goes so finely in unison, enabling a silky smooth transition of taste and flavours from one course to another in which gratifies our senses at the end of our dining journey.
Chef Lam didn’t pull his punches, the Mixed Salad with Seafood, Konnyaku Jelly, Green Pea Dressing was our starter and surely it was the starter of an amazing feast. Don’t be fooled by its demure appearance, it may look like any ordinary salad but it sure doesn’t taste like one. The hint of salty and sweet taste, coupled with the mix of Konkayu Jelly, the generous portion of salad could be passed off as a main dish!
As if the first punch wasn’t enough, Chef’s Slow-boiled Mackerel Soup with Ming Mu Scallops and Chestnuts threw us a good right jab and all I can say was that we’re quite dazed by then. The soup was delicious, I was wondering what was that soft substance across the bowl and to later found out that it was the slow-boiled Mackerel. As what you heard in cartoons “Holy Mackerel!!!” – that aptly describes the mood by then. By the time this bowl of seafood was devoured, we’re pretty much resting like some python just finishing a meal – and we’re just about to start the main course!
Chef’s triple-treat main course was the one that knocked us out of the “dining ring” so to speak. The Steamed Omega Tiger Grouper with finely blended Carrot Sauce was the first to arrive on scene, a flavorful seafood treat with steamed tiger grouper. Not the most memorable of dish but it was a good one.
Up next was the Stewed Australian Short Ribs with Wincarnis Medicated Wine which I think is that one punch that knocked us to our knees – the sliced meat were an epitome of tenderness when it comes to short ribs, with the beefy aroma being amplified with the accompaniment of the Wincarnis Medicated Wine that glazes it.
The third main course was a unique one – Stir fried Pignolina Pasta, Sea Prawn with White Curry Sauce that looks quite like rice at a glance but upon closer scrutiny, well it’s pasta, a pasta that’s very well prepared. It’s not sticky and all and it comes with the aromatic goodness of “wok hei”, a unique smell that comes from being stir-fried on a wok.
That’s a good 5 punches in a row, and we ended the course with Homemade Almond Mousse, Fried Sesame Ball, Sweet Chili Gravy – a lovely way to end a warm Chinese meal that’s infused with some western touch. The portion was good and the taste was great, who could ask for more? Well, I sure was hoping for second servings! 😛
– Wine or champagne offers: Enjoy 20% discount on selected wines/champagne ordered.
– Beverage offers: Enjoy 20% discount on all mocktails and cocktail drinks.
– Block booking discount: Book more than 6 seats and enjoy 10% discount.
– Room night offers: Book our Big Weekend Package and receive RM200 F&B credit when you dine-in at participating outlets during the Festival. Valid 1-31 October 2014.
– Other promotions/incentives: Spend RM300 and above at Zeta Bar and receive complimentary Party Platter. Valid 1-30 November 2014.
– Christmas & year-end special privilege booking offers: 10% discount on Christmas/Year end booking. (Book by 15 November 2014).
– Spa or fitness centre offers: Spa treatment upgrade (complimentary 30min upgrade for any treatment purchased) Valid till 31 Dec 2014.
– Future visit promotions: Spend RM500 and above during the Festival and receive complimentary Weekend Hi-Tea for 2 persons at The Lounge.
Level 5 (Mezzanine) of Hilton Kuala Lumpur, No. 3, Jalan Stesen Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Tel: +603 2264 2596
Operating Hours: Daily, Lunch: Monday to Friday (12.00 noon to 2.30 pm), Saturday & Sunday (11.00 am to 2.30 pm) and Dinner: Monday to Sunday (6.30 pm to 10.30 pm)
Related MIGF 2014 Articles
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Graze @ Hilton Kuala Lumpur
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Chambers Bar & Grill @ Hilton Kuala Lumpur
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Signature By The Hill @ 1 First Avenue, Bandar Utama
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Minori Japanese Restaurant @ the Royale Chulan Damansara Hotel, e@curve
– Food Trip with MIGF 2014 @ Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Sagano @ Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Dynasty @ Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
– Food Trip with MIGF 2014 @ Resorts World Genting
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – LTITUDE Restaurant, Bar & Lounge @ Genting Club, Genting Highlands
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – The Olive @ Genting Grand, Genting Highlands
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Imperial Rama @ Maxims, Genting Highlands
– Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014 – TasteMIGF @ Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, Petaling Jaya
– Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014 Media Launch
– A Quick Guide to Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014: “Red Hot Chefs!”