Graze is a laid back modern brasserie-styled restaurant boast for its authentic European cuisine (pork free) with the pre-eminence on fresh, seasonal produce and the finest meat cuts. Helmed by Chef Audrey Chin, the philosophy of Graze is simple: anyone who walked in through their door is brought ‘back to basics’ of classic European experience. With a casually relaxed interior and a viewable kitchen only separated by an eclectic shelf of squares, you can be assured to relax, peek a little at the affairs of the kitchen, drink a little and enjoy some good homely rustic flavours of classic fares created by her, even more so if you are MIGF 2014 Festival Diner.
What is MIGF?Malaysia International Gourmet Festival is a yearly celebration of the local fine dining landscape. Prepared only by the top chefs in the country, it’s an opportunity to experience the creativity works of the BEST through the recommended Festival Menus revolving around this year’s theme, ‘RED HOT CHEFS‘. It’s a month-long celebration from 1st to 31st October 2014 with 28 participating restaurants of different genre to experience.
MIGF 2014 Menu of Graze
Working closely with the suppliers to ensure quality both locally and imported sourced ingredients, Graze‘s MIGF 2014 Festival Menu concept is based on the European’s classic cooking of the French, Italian and Norwegian. A delightful creation of Chef Audrey Chin, you can be assured to taste the homey and rustic flavours of the European cuisine.
Demure and humble in stature, Chef Audrey Chin is an iron lady in the face of the industry where men rule. Despite the challenges, she pulled through safely with almost twelve years of working experiences in the Western banquet of the food and beverage industry. With ‘honesty’ as her motto, she loves what she’s doing and no matter how difficult a situation is, she knows consistency is the KEY in serving the finest fare for her diners.
The cuisines of the European countries are diverse, although there are common characteristics with meat of substantial sizes as prominent feature. However in the composition of Graze‘s Festival Menu, Chef Audrey Chin draws out an option for Festival Diners to experience the coastline of European fares where by seafood is another facet of the cuisine.
Full Festival Menu and Prices
RM270++ per person with wine
RM185++ per person without wine
Duck Rillettes served with Toasted Crostini, Caramelised Apples and Cornichons Fritters
Pairing with Tenimenti Conti Neri Prosecco di Prosecco Vino Spumante DOC, Italy
Graze “Classic” Bouillabaisse Soup
Pairing with Château du Rouët Cuvée Estérelle Rosé, France
“Loup de Mer” (French Seabass) on Baby Roots, Poached Slipper Lobster with Pimentos Beurre Blanc Sauce
Pairing with Bodegas Naia K-Naia Verdejo, Spain
Marinated Lamb Rack with Ratatouille Tian on Tomato Emulsion, Peas and Mint Mash with Garlic Jus
Pairing with M. Chapoutier Belleruche Côtes du Rhône, France
Palate Cleanser – Cranberry Sorbet
Chocolate “Salami” with Raspberry Jelly & Pink Pepper Biscotti
The menu promises all the authentic flavours and warm colours of Europe and does not disappoint us with its well-put-together range of appetizers, mains and desserts. The quality of food is excellent and the presentation certainly whets the appetite. The mains are opt with two choices either to enjoy the beast of the land or experience the romance of the seas.
Starting off with something that’s off the menu, Amuse Bouche – just as with the rest of the meal, that’s to get your senses moving for what the chef has in store. The highlight of the Amuse Bouche is the salmon served with crispy salmon skin, what a way to begin the course.
The starter was Duck Rillettes served with Toasted Crostini Caramelised Apples and Cornichons Fritters – you could say this is pretty much an add-on to keep you entertained as you await the stars of the menu. Up next was Graze “Classic” Bouillabaisse Soup, a seafood soup with the harvest of the seas, to sooth the soul before the main battle.
For the main course – “Loup de Mer” (French Seabass) on Baby Roots, Poached Slipper Lobster with Pimento Beurre Blanc Sauce, the most memorable meal of the course in my book.
The French seabass was lightly pan seared on the outside but tender on inside, while the fish retained its full natural flavours and was beautifully arranged. Grilled fish and poached lobsters are not uncommon but what made this dish distinct was the moat of Pimento Beurre Blanc Sauce. The sauce carries a tangy taste while being sufficiently dense but yet fine to the sip, each bite of the seabass feels incomplete if one were to savor it without first coating it with sauce.
Those who aren’t keen on savoring the finned French could opt for Marinated Lamb Rack with Ratatouille Tian on Tomato Emulsion Peas and Mint Mash with Garlic Jus. The beast of the land was a safe choice with marinated lamb rack worth pursuing, a sizeable cut that was well flavoured, keeping the meat’s taste while allowing for creativity with spices. As for the rest on the plate, it just worked together in harmony to enhance the flavoursome experience.
The trail comes to a close with the Chocolate “Salami” with Raspberry Jelly & Pink Pepper Biscotti, ending our pleasurable “seafood-day” for us at Graze! 🙂
– Wine or champagne offers: Enjoy 20% discount on selected wines/champagne ordered.
– Beverage offers: Enjoy 20% discount on all mocktails and cocktail drinks.
– Block booking discount: Book more than 6 seats and enjoy 10% discount.
– Room night offers: Book our Big Weekend Package and receive RM200 F&B credit when you dine-in at participating outlets during the Festival. Valid 1-31 October 2014.
– Other promotions/incentives: Spend RM300 and above at Zeta Bar and receive complimentary Party Platter. Valid 1-30 November 2014.
– Christmas & year-end special privilege booking offers: 10% discount on Christmas/Year end booking. (Book by 15 November 2014).
– Spa or fitness centre offers: Spa treatment upgrade (complimentary 30min upgrade for any treatment purchased) Valid till 31 Dec 2014.
– Future visit promotions: Spend RM500 and above during the Festival and receive complimentary Weekend Hi-Tea for 2 persons at The Lounge.
Level 5 (Mezzanine) of Hilton Kuala Lumpur, No. 3, Jalan Stesen Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Tel: +603 2264 2596
Operating Hours: Daily, Lunch (12:00 pm – 2:30 pm) and Dinner (6:30 pm – 10:30 pm)
Related MIGF 2014 Articles
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Chambers Bar & Grill @ Hilton Kuala Lumpur
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Signature By The Hill @ 1 First Avenue, Bandar Utama
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Minori Japanese Restaurant @ the Royale Chulan Damansara Hotel, e@curve
– Food Trip with MIGF 2014 @ Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Sagano @ Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Dynasty @ Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
– Food Trip with MIGF 2014 @ Resorts World Genting
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – LTITUDE Restaurant, Bar & Lounge @ Genting Club, Genting Highlands
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – The Olive @ Genting Grand, Genting Highlands
– MIGF 2014 Menu Preview – Imperial Rama @ Maxims, Genting Highlands
– Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014 – TasteMIGF @ Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, Petaling Jaya
– Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014 Media Launch
– A Quick Guide to Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) 2014: “Red Hot Chefs!”